Thursday, December 28, 2006

Another week...

After a meeting that lasted a little more than an hour, I have a new respect for GMGM. Not only is he very knowledgeable about the sport of hockey, he is smart in how he deals with people. He understands that being a GM for a professional sports franchise isn't just about getting the best players (often the great parts do not result in a great team, just ask the Redskins), but is a just like any other business where interpersonal relationships are key. He understands that he may get the best of another team's GM today, but that can only lead to trouble down the road. He also understands that patience is a very positive trait to have especially in the "what have you done for me lately" world of sports.

Despite being the only person over the age of six that fell on the ice, I had a great time at our company holiday party. Thanks to Clark for letting me use his stick to attempt my first slap and wrist shots as well as my somewhat decent passing and receiving skills. Hopefully after lots of practice I will have a better showing at next year's party. And I don't care what anyone says, I could beat Ovie in a skating race!

Back on the personal front, Softball Girl and I went to a Caps game one night before the holidays and went to see the National Christmas Tree another night. The tree evening included a nice holiday dinner at Hard Rock with yummy Mac n' Cheese. She's out of town for the rest of the holidays and yes, I actually do miss her. She is amazing and there is just something about her that makes me very warm and fuzzy inside.

More updates coming soon as I promise this page will have postings more often...

No comments: